For the first time in soooo long I had to actually do speedwork on my own this morning. Yes it felt very hard......
I flew into Perth late last night and had to force myself to get out of bed this morning at 5am to do the workout on my program.
2km warmup; 400m fast, 200m rec, 400m fast, 200m rec, 600m fast (x3 times) then 2km cool down.
All up 10km for the day.
I had the loan of Tess's garmin - must remember to borrow one from a slower runner next time. During the warm up it kept beeping at me to speed up!!!! Must be used to it's owners pace!!!
NOTE: It was really easy using the garmin to run the intervals but you need to make sure you run somewhere there are no lamp poles or benches if you are going to be constantly looking at your wrist!
5 comments:
Good on you for getting out and doing a speed session on your own, it really is sooooo much harder.
The Garmin always beeps at me but I just *beep* straight back at it. Well, I swear back at it really, but I just had to beep that out :-)
Hmmmm, maybe next time you should measure distances in your warmup and mark them somehow. Saves bumping into lamposts. Not quite as entertaining for anyone watching though.
Oh, and we miss ya already :-)
Speed work on your own is the hardest. Great work getting out and completing it!
What a disciplined person you are Clairie. No wonder you are doing so well.
Wow, good on you for having the discipline to get up after that flight!
Enjoy Perth!
I love running when I travel - for some reason it always seems to add a bit to my motivation. Though I can definitely live without the late arrivals!
Good on you for getting up and having a go Clairie - great session.
Post a Comment