Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pats Speed Session

Man it was humid this morning!!!

Got to Pat's just as the first group was going over the bridge so off I trotted and kept on their tail the whole leg of the warmup. It was hilarious to watch the group cut up into various smaller groups and turn around at different points that they all thought Pat had said to run till. I feel for Tesso's group as I heard they ran all the way into the gardens, then back out and then in again to the entry at Edward Street! Nice warmup.....

We had 15mins of sprints and I was keen to work hard. I am sure I did but at just over halfway when I was encouraging Robbie to keep up with me Pat decided to run with me and push me till I broke. I am glad he pushed so hard and that I responded but honestly my legs were like lead afterwards and Robbie ended up going past me on the recovery leg and I spent the rest of the session reeling him in (well trying). I think I just got there in the end.

I was buggered and felt like just sitting down and never getting up again.

But we had to do our cool down. With the big numbers in the group I was pushing it to just try and make sure I was not running 3-abreast and also trying to avoid the bikes speeding along. Tough stuff when you are buggered.

We got to the Goodwill Bridge and I felt like walking over it but then I saw Ally push up and move past some other runners so I thought it would help if I could keep up with her. I tied my imaginary lasso around her and kept her in sight. Bloody typical though - as soon as you get in the groove with someone, they get in the groove with you and you both push it a bit more. I am sure we both did that bridge faster than we intended.....but it finished the session of nicely anyhow :)

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Clairie, you know you're running well when you can keep up with Robbie!

I'm glad you wore that orange top today because I could pick you in the big crowd and chase you. Well, it was more like trying not to let the gap between us get too big!