Monday, February 20, 2006

Amazing Run...

Had the most amazing run yesterday.

My sister and I had a delayed Yum Cha in Perth yesterday afternoon and left the restaurant after 1pm. I didn't realise it was so late and had planned to do my run before leaving for the airport but was running out of time.
Less than an hour later I was in a dilema - do my 12km run and make it fast or not do it at all.

I went for the fast run.

Managed to do a 5km and 10km PB (though that didn't include the 30sec water break at 8km where I stopped my watch). It was stinking hot in the afternoon and I was red faced from exertion. I also felt unwell for most of the run but was determined to see it through. In support my sister had come with me on her pushbike and was cheering me on which made me run a lot faster than what I had the right to be running.

I finished with an average of 4:28min/km with a time of 53:36. My best ever 12km as well. I can only think that the garmin was also suffering from the heat and skipped a km or two because I can't belive I can run that fast. Though I did feel like I was pushing it the whole way!!. Remind me not to run on a full stomach of beancurd next time........
I got home and had to pack my bags and have a 2min shower before being dumped at the airport with 15mins to spare. Thankfully I had put my skins on under my jeans as I cramped up really bad on the plane and it would have been much worse if I didn't have my skins on.

I am feeling sore today - like I did a big race yesterday - but hopefully will be right for speedwork tomorrow morning. Will be good to be back at Pat's.

100KM for the week. My biggest EVER week of running. Pat on the back to me.....

8 comments:

miners said...

ohmigod - a 35km run in 3 hours - backed up by 5km, 10km & 12km PBs - and a 100km week to top it all off?!?

Saint clairie the machine :)

Tesso said...

No wonder you feel like you did a big race - you did! Its just there weren't any other competitors :-)

Okay, so what's in the water over there? I hope you brought some back with you. Man, a 100k week - unbelievable. And running three PBs at the end of it.

Sooooo, don't keep us in suspenders, what were your 5k and 10k times?

Wobbly man said...

I have this mental picture of your sister riding beside you yelling "faster!" while giving you the occasional "Zzap" from a cattle prod to keep you from slowing! Great run - great week!

Katie said...

I want what Clairies on!!! I think I should reconsider my offer of a run on Friday... you will blow me away!!!

Great work... you are ona real roll!

Toasty said...

I guess it is time for me to find someone else to run with .... you are getting too fast!

Hannah said...

Oooo, bloody hell woman! Speedy Gonzalez!

Go, you! 100km week and PBs! Fab Stuff!

Rob said...

Well done Clairie. You don't hold back do you? If your sister is anything like you, I can imagine the yelling that was going on.

Unknown said...

Avg. 4:28min/km is fast, Clairie~! Tremendous progress during the past 12 months & very interesting reading it has been to see this development...I'll be in your dust in Canberra!