I am going to call it this name because that is who should be doing it - no the 2-legged type of goats but special bread hairy mountain goats with knobby knees and hooves for digging deep!!!
It was disgustingly hot out there this morning and despite waking up after a GREAT nights sleep I had tired legs. Coach Chris said to take tomorrow off from running - I recall hugging him and telling him I love him after saying that!!!
After a big of warm up we headed up the hills. Quite a few of us out there today.
I knew I was in for a bad session on the first climb when I was going backwards but my legs were still moving. Just could not get good grip and I was fighting with the demons all the way "pain is your friend...etc etc" nope didn't work.
Jogging back down felt bloody fantastic and I was prepared to keep on jogging....all the way to my car and home again. Nonetheless I turned around and went back up. This time I did a better effort but it certainly hurt more and juding by all the concerned glances I looked as bad as I felt. My face was bright red and everyone suggested I walk around before trying to go back down.
Question: Why didn't they suggest I just sit down or they carry me down?
Anyhow I walked and then jogged a bit further up (it was flatish after reaching the top) before heading back down.
It was a tough tough session. With Saturday night coming up I was keen to give tomorrows 8km a miss anyhow so now I can do it with Coach's blessing.
Goal for Saturday
5min/km pace for first 30km. Then just push as much as I can. I hope to get to 35km in the 3hrs I have to run. That would be an average of 5min/km pace. I start running at 9pm so not sure how this will affect my running but it is sure to be cooler than the earlier session at least.
So you have my permission to beat me up if I don't make it. Oh and if anyone is attending please feel free to yell out "5min" repeatedly at me in case I accidently start doing 6min/km *grins*
9 comments:
No you do not look like a mountain goat!! That sounds tough work...especially if it was as humid up your end :-)
5 min pace for 35kms... that will shake the cobwebs out... good luck!
All the best for the big run Clairie. Hairy Mountain Goat hey! No buts about that.
Good luck for Saturday night Clarie - you will slay it on a soft flat track - mind you - you still may have to dig those hooves in at the end (just as long as you don't end up with knobby knees)
;-)
I'm glad you're resting tomorrow, especially after this morning's run, it'll make a difference on Saturday night.
5 minute pace - you can do it!!! Make sure you've got 'fast' music loaded onto the iPod and you can't go wrong. I just hope I don't get windburn everytime you fly past me :-)
I will be interested in your performance on Saturday night. 35km in 3 hours is a good target. Good luck with it.
All nice round numbers - 5 minute pace - 35k in 3 hours starting at 9.00pm. I will be thinking of you and Tess on Saturday night - have a good rest tomorrow - drink plenty, eat the usual amount but just change the balance to a little more carbo - theory is 8 -12g per K of weight.
No need to start until Friday and don't over do it other wise you will start feeling bloated and heavy. Most of the benefit will come from Friday lunck and tea and perhaps Saturday morning - after that I usually ease off on the volume of food so that I start feeling light. The rely on the GU to get you to the end but start taking the GU early not when you feel like you need it but not too early. Think about the first one soon after 20k - they ususlly kickin within 20 minutes. Don't know if you have tried it but I can tell you a flat coke at about 28k may do you wonders.
OR just prepare how you feel is best for you and ignore the advice.
In any event good luck and look forward to a postive report. See in you Brisbane on the 13th for coffee and a lap by lap recount.
Ohhh.... getting excited about saturday now!
FIVE MINUTES (kms for you, amount of time til I drop dead for me!)
They should also yell out if you start doing sub-5s ;-)
All the best for for your run.
Good luck tonight Clairie, hope you achieve your goal. You can drag me along for my last hour 5min/k pace sounds good :)
See ya there.
Post a Comment