Saturday, March 25, 2006

Done like a Dinner

21km this morning. Have no idea of pace. Course could be out by 800m so not entirely accurate either - really just going by what everyone tells me we ran (those with Garmins).

From Regatta out to New Farm for a lap before coming home again.

Aside from 5:05 min/km pace for the warm up 2kms, Phil and I had a good solid pace going the rest of the way. We stopped at halfway and waited for the group to catch up. Then we moved out again - with me taking all my fluids and gu on the go, it was a good run.
Moved the pace up a notch and when we got back onto km markers we were doing 4:34 pace. Kept that up for the last 4km home then finished with a 4:21. No one was around me so hard to push it much past that. Would have liked Chilli Pants or Phil to egg me on to a faster finish.

So that's me. Done. Not quite burnt toast but nice and golden. Just have to sit back and ride out the next two weeks and wait anxiously to see what Tessos moves are.
Thinking of you girlfriend :) *waves madly*

Marshalling at BRRC tomorrow morning for the 7-35km self select.

7 comments:

Tesso said...

Waiting to see what my moves are .... hmmmm, the next few days will see me moving the couch to the fridge and back and not much further ;-)

Another great run under the belt this morning. Don't worry about busting a gut in the final km of your training runs now, your work is done. We don't want any breakages.

Now its time to start working on the more important aspects of Canberra like getting your music mix together, practicing your finishing photo smile, working out what to wear to the post party etc.

Happy tapering :-)

Lulu said...

Sounds like you're primed and ready to go!

I'll email you about next week. I'm up Thursday/Friday.

Katie said...

Me too... nice and golden and taosty! Just right :-) We are ready to go clairie. The next two weeks are all about good nutrtition and mental prep for me! I am really excited and feel ready to do this thing.... it is a nice feeling to feel like we have put in the effort, I do not think I could do anything else. What ever happens happens! 2 weeks and counting!

2P said...

Into the nothin stoopid phase - nice work today Clairie ;-)

Toasty said...

not done yet ..... but looking good

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the Canberra 10km course. I hope to be able to finish around the 70 min mark - hopefully the cheer squad will get me over the finish line :-)

wt

Eagle said...

Keep up the good sessions for the taper. No problems about no TT I am sure you know what time you can run and will set a pace to match it. Please email me at home with your Canberra plans so that I can make sure we meet up on the Saturday.