Wednesday, March 22, 2006

So slow it killed me.....

Got to the Regatta at 5:22am but people had left already!!! So I had no-one I knew to run with. At 5:30am (was only waiting in vain hope for someone I knew to turn up...) I took off. A guy called Gary came up to me and asked where the 12km course was. He was wearing boardshorts (so obviously NOT a serious runner) and was pretty cute. I told him the course and mentioned I was going that way. So off we trotted. Started out at 5:15min/km pace but it soon became evident that what was a warmup for me was his gut busting pace.
Clap on the back to this fellow for I made him run with me for 9km at that pace - slighly increasing to 5:05. He then proceeded to really wind it down but by then we were back on the coro track heading for the Regatta so I told him I would see him back there. Was happy to do 4:40's for the last three km.

I realised on today's run that the slower I run the worse I feel. The 4:40's felt bloody great and I could have gone forever. The slower stuff I was all niggly and felt tight calf and sore hip and sore back and and and and and

Definitely hanging out for a massage again - my butt is like stone and I don't mean in a nice toned way (unfortunately for anyone's who's seen me in a gstring) but the muscles are all tight and I feel it when I walk up and down the stairs at work.

8 comments:

miners said...

What? you mean OTHER people have seen you in a g-string? and I thought you said I was special ...

2P said...

I think the G-string and CR crop top would make a great running outfit for Canberra - might be a bit cold at the start though ;-)

Yes - it's a funny old phenomena the slow running pain......

Rob said...

Careful Clairie! You are likely to give this poor old guy a heart attack.
Yeah! I agree slow running can be really bad for you. Good for me but bad for you.

Tesso said...

I take a couple of weeks off running and everybody becomes un-tardy. What the hell is going on? Wait'll I get back there and sort 'em out Clairie, they'll start turning up the customary 2 mintues late again.

Hope you get those niggles sorted out. Then again if you don't you might have to run so fast you will win the marathon!


PS Hope Pat doesn't read this blog. He might do some detective work and check with Miners whether said g-string was of the leopard skin variety.


PPS Now you'll have to do a "please explain" in your next entry :-)

Louise said...

Clairie, Mr Boardshorts would rather have *died* than admitted that he couldn't keep pace with a GIRL. Well done, heh heh. :-)

Toasty said...

me too .... i feel it when i walk up and down stairs in a g-string!

Hannah said...

Boulder Bum? I think mine is more blamonge (can't spell tonight!)

Go you - love it when guys get all male and refuse to admit they can't keep up with a girl LOL! I bet he was regretting the testosterone by the end! hee!

Stu Mac said...

A butt like stone....and stories of leopard skin G's, the mind boggles....

Enjoy the massage!!! :-)