I um do hope Pat Carroll never reads my blog.....
Last year Pat had a box for us to all put our jumpers, car keys etc in to be minded when we went on our runs. However he made an announcement at the end of one month that the box had some items in it that had been there a while and he got all grumpy about not being a "lost property" man. Now Pat doesn't really get grumpy so we all thought this was hilarious and I proposed with some other scoundrels (oh Tess that's you) to put items in the box each week. We had some old clothes we didn't need anymore, Tess threw in a chocolate Kit Kat (I almost went back and got it out!!!) and I snuck in a leopard skin G-string a few weeks later. So by now he had a box of weird items.
The G-string caught his eye and to stop his lovely partner Susan thinking someone had given it to him he pinned it to his postboard and asked the group to please collect their G string at the end of the session. There was no way we could tell him what we had done. We hardly ran well that day we were laughing so hard!!!
I laughed even harder when Pat came up to whisper that he thought it was one of the girls and who did I think it was?
So there you have it. Needless to say months later Pat actually made me run in the G-string just before my Kurrawa race. Not being the quiet introverted sort I put it on (steady Eddie - over my shorts mate!) and ran as fast as I could.
TODAYS SESSION
Just did 50mins of tempo running. Felt good after the initial 5mins. Have no idea whatsoever of pace or distance, I was running with the Pat Carroll group after doing a warmup by myself and they were doing fast 2min, slow 30sec and I just kept running at the same pace for the whole time alongside them. I followed up with a run on my own through Southbank and then did the warmdown with some of the Pat Carrollers.
5 comments:
Clairie, I don't think I'll ever stop laughing about g-string story. The best part is that Pat didn't even suspect you and was so suspicious of the girl with the sexy French accent :-)
Sounds like a good run this morn.
Hi Clairie
Its encouraging to hear you feel like crap too! However I di have a better run today once I got myself out the door. Getting out seems to be half my battle at the moment - once out and running I semm to be okay.
Tesso is right about the cotton wool time - its amazing how many people you know who start coming down with coughs and colds around you - just when you don't need it!
Take care and looking forward to meeting you in just over a fortnight's time!
Oh and that g-string story - that was hilarious!!!!
Great story Clairie! You and Tesso make quite a naughty pair! See you in 16 sleeps!
Love the G-String story!
I'm with CJ on noticing that everyone around me is getting colds.
my gosh - that is hilarious!
Post a Comment