Wednesday, March 01, 2006

FEBRUARY REPORT

Average: 6 days a week running
Injury: nothing major, some lower back pain
Prevention: Massage (Pro & with Stick)
Cross Training: 1 x weekly gym session
Mileage: 309.5km total
Nutrition: Good. Having protein in abundance after long/hard runs.
Drinking Endura before long/hard run. Practicing more with Gu.
Attitude: Very tired all the time but mentally I am feeling like this is
all coming together. Very positive and excited. Not nervous yet!

8 comments:

Eagle said...

309 for the month will all your travels!!! Shows the dedication a marathoner needs. Good advice from Pat and well worth remembering. The rule I use is multiply your half by 2.1 - very much the same as Pat but 10 minutes for each runner doesn't take into account fast and slow runners - 2.1 adjusts the finishing time for each runner according to their speed. So on that basis if you ran the next half in 114 minutes (you should breeze this) then it would predict a 4 hour marathon finish.

Katie said...

I get butterflies when I read your blog :-)

Shane said...

Looks like everything is going just fine, 310k for the month is pretty impressive. See you at the half champs when you wizz past me :)

Wobbly man said...

309 kms! Well done mate. You are so going to breeze in this Canberra race. What a great month!

Superflake said...

Great month Clairie. Things are looking good for the Marathon. Like Eagle said 2.1 is usually about right for the half over marathon time. Mine was 89m:54s pre canberra with expected as 3hr:09 but heat pushed me out to 3:16.

Ewen said...

A good month Clairie. Keep it going and you'll fly in Canberra.

I'm predicting you'll do the half in 94, so 3:17 for the full by eagle's calculator.

It's getting cooler (in the mornings) at last! :)

Eagle said...

Ewan;
By that calcualtion she will beat me and have downed her first celebration drink and I hope she does it or goes close to that time.

Anonymous said...

Yo go girl. I am so impressed.

Wish I could be there to cheer you on and have that celebratory drink with you.

May your feet have wings for the big day.
xo