Took today off work after coming down ill Sunday morning. Not flu or cold but tummy ache and nausea.
Went into Doctor this afternoon and after some tests he has banned running.
He has also banned NSAID's - not that I had any for two days. I took 2 after my long run to help with the hip bursitis. Aside from them I have not had any since last week.
Test results back tomorrow as he stamped it with priority. Likely to be a big hula over nothing and I can guarantee you come hail or shine I will be out running Wednesday morning......regardless.
13 comments:
Fingers crossed Clairie.
See you in Canberra, Clairie!
Everything crossed Clairie. Please blog asap.
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for you Clairie.
You've gotta find a doctor that runs!
You will be fine, I know it. Make the most of the mini-rest to get the rest of the body right.
And promise me you won't run ... in the hail!!!
Nothing like an enforced taper to get you to the line nice and fresh!
You'll be sweet I'm sure.
it's taper time ..... probably only way to slow you down anyway .... i trust you will be fine .... skip wednesday .... no hop .... no .... skip, hop and jump!
Good luck Clairie, hope it all works out fine!
Hmmm does Tesso know your Dr - maybe its a gee-up ;-)
No point in panicking till you get the results of the tests - chill out and enjoy the rest.
I'm sure he's just being over-cautious as most Dr's are these days but he clearly doesn't understand the runner's mentality.
I hope you're back to your normal chirpy self in a day or two. If not I'm coming up to Brisbane to nurse you myself ;)
Hope it was just a 24 hour thing and you are now over it.
As for pacing in Canberra, I would have thought you may have been aiming a little higher than my target time. But feel free to jump on the slow bus ;-)
Whats going on two qlders in 2 weeks. Don't worry about not doing much before the race. It is not convenient but it helps your body get some rest before the big day.
What - I want/need pain by pain blogging - keep us updated. Agree with Tess find a Dr who runs or at least knows how runners think. On the other hand a day or two off during the taper is fine physically but mentally.... just make sure you make it to the start line.
Post a Comment