Monday, March 20, 2006

PROGRAM BLUNDER!!

Dammit. I checked the program this morning to see what I had to run this week.
Oops was meant to run 16km on Sunday (after 36km on Sat) to build up the legs. Crap. I rested instead. Oh well I think I needed it more. Will get out and run tonight if I have time.

Went to the gym this morning to thrash myself and managed to do that quite well. My whole body is now one big ache.
Went hard on the weight repetitions, pushups, pullups, etc etc etc. Then hit the showers and refused to leave. God Bless hot water!

My burns are starting to fade (note to runners: do not apply ice directly to leg and leave for 30mins) and hopefully I will be able to ice again (with a teatowel this time) after a hot bath and stretching session tonight.

7 comments:

2P said...

Ahhh the old ice burn routine - yep managed to do that a few times.... I suppose it's a bit redundant to say "be careful".

Don't worry about the program blunder - you've done the hard yards - start to chill out a bit (no pun intended).

:-)

Lulu said...

Ouch, I've done that too. Now I have a nice ice pack that comes with it's own little towelling jacket.. very smart!

Tesso said...

Ha ha, and here was me thinking I was soft when I told you I use a wet handtowel to wrap the ice pack in and you said you put it on directly. But you know what they say is good for burns .... ice!

I wouldn't worry at all about that missed run. In fact its good that you listened to your body and rested. Trust me, all the hard work is done.

Now is the time to really take care. Don't overdo it at the gym and pull a muscle. Get lots of sleep. Eat well. Stay away from sick people ... and go-carts.

Katie said...

Ditto what tesso said!!!

Robert Song said...

Wow a hard work out at the gym.

I have been trying for the last 9 months to waste away as much upper body muscle as I can by doing no upper body exercising at all. The way I see it is the less I have to carry around the course the better.

(Not that I had much to lose anyway!)

Toasty said...

Another 16K? ..... really? ....... glad that wasn't in my program!

Wobbly man said...

Sounds a little like Hal Higdon program is it? Wow, Ice burns? You must be one tough chick! Only 19 more big sleeps!