Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mid Week Run

It is staying dark until late now so getting harder to leave my cosy bed.

Met up with Liz at 5:20am and we started out before waiting for the others coming at 5:30, mainly because we wanted to run sllllloooooowwww and also because we knew they would all be late starting as usual!

Despite saying we would run slow and not go far we ended up running fairly steady out for just over 7km before turning and heading home. All up somewhere between 14-15km.

The afternoon was very painful.

Firstly with Jodi my massuse who pummeled and elbowed her way through my tight butt, itb and hammies all the while I fought off the tears and swearing. Then onto a physio appt (bad planning on my behalf) who then proceeded to continue to elbow his way whilst rotating my leg to see how far it would go before it broke off (wtf?) and then ask for me to demonstrate how I have been doing the exercises he set me last week (that incidently I couldn't remember as I was so focussed on the half marathon and nothing else mattered then.....). So all in all I was glad to crawl home and sulk into bed.

The worst bit is still to come.....I was so exhausted that I told Allan to have leftovers for dinner. (=bad wife)
He brought me apple pie and custard (=marathon worth of calories in there)....yep I wolfed that down after my shower and then climbed into bed and slept like a baby.

9 comments:

Robert Song said...

Have never understood that "slept like a baby" saying. My kids when babies, seemed to wake evey couple of hours crying and wanting a feed or a nappy change!!!

Glad to hear the injury niggles haven't stopped you running.

Ewen said...

Watch the tight butt. There's a bit of that going around.

Wobbly man said...

Poor Allan - he isn't allowed to go shopping and get told left over only for dinner. :( Sound slike he didn't mind too much though, sharing his applie pie and custard . Nice 14k or so BTW only 23 more sleeps!

Tesso said...

Hey Clairie, if Al doesn't like those leftovers I'll have them!

And applie pie and custard = fruit and calcium.

Hope the physio was happy with the improvement and didn't break your leg off.

Katie said...

Hey... Wobbly beat me to the countdown! Getting exciting :-)

Yum... apple pie :-)

Toasty said...

It's a real bugger at then end of a marathon preparation (exhaustion). What you feel is all normal as far as I can tell. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. It really helps me to know there is someone to run with and I need it more than you will know.

Chelle said...

I agree, those dark mornings are hard work, but on the positive side at least at they're cooler!

Rob said...

Poor Allan..cold shoulder and duck.

Robert Song said...

What's with Eddie? First he calls Tesso a goose and now it's duck.
Have to start calling him Eddie the Eagle ;-)