Im on holidays!!! Okay so that's a bit of a joke seeing as I'm working all week - but at least I get to do it from the gorgeous beachside.
Woke up this morning in a strange bed and felt achy all over.... Ahhhh the day after a long run and a bottle of red Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk. Hubby and I headed to a nearby cafe where we had a gourmet breakfast with little Bill. It was a lovely cafe that also sells bothers - a very important deal for someone who has come for a week on the beach and left hers behind!!
After a lazy day walking and swimming (it's lazy if you don't race on a Sunday!) I decided to head out around 3pm for my daily 10km. This was mental torture. The first km was agony mentally and physically but aft that my legs got into the swing of things and I settled into the run. I didn't bother checking the kmsplits as I was running on sand then over rocks and checking out the scenery along the way. I was in the zone. At 5km I turned around. Coming home I happened to notice I was running 4:30min/km and it finally dawned on me that I had been running mostly uphill the whole way out - hence the sluggish slow chug. Home time meant I was downhill and nearly finished so the legs were turning over quickly. I felt great!! Met up with hubby in the ocean and cooled down before heading back for a shower.
Maybe this running every day thing is starting to work for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment