Had an amazing run this morning. I turned up to the Intraining Marathon School debut run for the year - together with 100 other runners. It was an electrifying atmosphere. The anticipation of what was to come but as a training run there were no nerves you get at a race environment.
Within secs Tess and I had head out and were amongst the leading group. By the 1km mark the fasties flew past and kept going out of sight and we sat comfortably at the front for the remainder of the run.
It was 10km out then turn and come home but people decided to turn at any place - 5km mark (10km run) the 7.5km mark (15km) like we did or the whole kahuna.
My garmin didn't start working until the three kilometre mark exactly so I got an average of 4:55min/km over the hilly terrain. It I know we ran the first few slower and the overall average would have been around 5min km. it felt great and there were a few flat ones that Tess and I were doing 4:35 pace and we weren't talking. IT JUST FELT GREAT!!
Can't wait to do that again. Just love running with my buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment