Friday, February 10, 2012

Freaky Friends Friday

Seriously need to find some new running buddies. Some SLOWER ones!!

We met up this morn for a lap of Mt Coot-Tha and as soon as we left the car park it was on for young and old. Flying!!

I stayed in front for about 500m up the hill....which is a lot!! But then stepped aside to let the fasties go past. I hung in the rear but by the time we got to the top they were a good 15sec in front.

The undulating bits were awesome. We cruised then racing up and down and Tesso and I stayed ahead of the pack the whole way. I got in front just at the last rise to the summit and wouldn't you know it some flashy Gooner streaks past - he had been sitting right behind us waiting for the opportunity to get ahead without giving us time to catch him.

The rest of the run it was all pace. We hit 3:45min/km for the last two km but being downhill I guess that's called gravity assisted. Still it was fast. I'm feeling it now.

Nothing like that hot shower and coffee afterwards!!!

1 comment:

Robert Song said...

You are always welcome to join me on my runs. I'm just cruising around at 5:15 pace at the moment.