Today was day 1 of my challenge. I think this is going to be one of the toughest things I have ever done. Not the distance but getting out every day and not letting other areas in my life take control.
I ran exactly 10km. Not a km further! After having some pain last night in my right ITB I went out cautiously fully expecting to be turning around for home within a few minutes. Nope. No pain. Yah. And double yah for nurofen doing the trick last night.
That said it wasn't a pretty run. My legs were like concrete from the core fitness class I do on Tuesday nights and I live at the bottom of the hill so the first km was straight up. Uggghhh. I need to move house. The rest were slow with a couple of tempos but overall the run was "trudging" not running. I'm still happy I did it.
Driving to work I felt chuffed *endorphin rush* and really strong and happy with myself. I can do this! I will really try to make this work. Come on February.
No comments:
Post a Comment