Thursday, February 16, 2012

Had a Shocker

Let me set the scene - It was hot but not that hot.

I had driven from Caloundra to Brisbane for a meeting that was cancelled when I got there so worked an hour in the office then drove back. Feeling off I laid down to sleep for a minute and woke up an hour later. Just not right.

I headed out for my run regardless around 5pm but after a while I actually felt like I was having a heart attack. I stopped and sat on the beach and was waiting for someone to come past me to ask them to call an ambulance. No one came close. After twenty minutes I felt ok enough to stand up and the pain in my chest had subsided. I walked up to the path and then even started running again. I ended up doing about 6km instead of the required 10km. I'm guessing indigestion or stress. Scared the crap out of me but glad I didn't have to suffer the embarrassment of an ambo telling me it was the Maccas for lunch cursing heartburn LOL

Today I woke up and it was completely different. I still had some pain in my chest - yes if it is there tomorrow I will get it checked - I am not worried. It went away and I had a glorious run along the beach and stretched in the rising sunrise then ran back and swam before heading up to our unit soaking wet and sandy. Aaaahhhh the joys of beachside living. Today was perfect. 13km all up. A few km to make amends for yesterday but mostly because I was really enjoying my run out there.

No comments: