I love and hate these things. I love that they make me work hard and when I am finished how good I feel.
I hate how I feel beforehand and how the smallest thing can upset me. I hate how I feel the need to go to the toilet 20 times or drink lots or drink nothing or feel like vomiting or feel like my legs are concrete on the warmup run. The seeds of doubt in my head as we do run throughs...arrggggh its just mental torture.
And then the whistle goes and you are off. Nothing else is on your mind. Nothing else matters. Its just you and the road and how quickly you can turn your legs over.
Ran 12:30min for the 3km. I'm happy with that considering all things. The splits were 4:18; 4:19; 3:53. I have no idea why the last km was the fastest. But damn it was the best thing ever to just be able to go past so many people coming back. NYUK NYUK NYUK
3 comments:
It appears my garmin did not accurately record the km splits. It says the first km was 4:18 but Pat called out 4:12....which I believe is closer to reality and the last km would not have been as fast as what I have recorded. Still the course is accurate and overall time was 12:30.
Good description of TTs in general Clairie. I too love/hate them but mostly hate them. Just don't have the nerve for the short stuff.
Still yes it's nice to be moving and running in with people's support. I don't doubt that last K was faster!
Clairie can you tell me what happened to Matt Phillips?
Don't see him in the TT lists anymore? Is he still running? He was getting really fast a couple of years ago and I lost contact with what he was doing and his running progress?
Say hello from me to "Robert Song" and "Tesso" when you see them!
Thanks.
Post a Comment