Thursday, February 09, 2012

Twilight Zone

...tonight's run was scary. Literally scary!!!

I thought I'd run out to a house that's for sale in Darra to take a look. I have nothing against that suburb in fact I believe it could be the home of a good little nugget - hence why I was looking - but you need to choose wisely.

Anyhow for some reason I got to the street past the railway station and I started thinking of the movie Wolfcreek. It wasn't the terrain, it was the terror I felt. Then when a car went past full of kids and making lots of noise I felt like I was in The Outsiders and I had crossed the wrong side of the tracks. Ummm not buying that house!!!

I hit the 5km mark and turned for home....quickly. Negative split.

10km done and dusted. I'm not bothering to look at the watch and I never stopped the timer when I crossed roads. I didn't want the pressure to run fast, I just wanted to know when 10km was finished. my body is aching all over from running and massage and my brain is fried from stress at work. Basically I'm running on oil rags at the moment - but such is life and I'm having fun!!!

No comments: