Friday, February 03, 2012

Day Two and Three - It's not getting any easier.

Thursday was really hard. I woke up to rain and a headache and decided to go back to bed for half an hour. I got up at 5.30am but still lacking the motivation to head out for a run. Thursday is usually my rest day for the week after a hard Tue/Wed and before a hard Fri/Sat/Sun. To have to run on this day really hit me - no more rest days for a month!!

I managed to convince my boss to give me a half day from work so I went home at lunch, did a lot of things I have been meaning to do and then realised.... Now I can run.

It was around 3.30pm when I headed out - hot and steamy but overcast so no real burning heat on the skin scenario.
The time passed pleasantly enough but I was conscious that I was literally just counting km's. This isn't running. This is mileage. Could very very easily get bored of this. I raced home and was happy to do the same course a few minutes faster than the previous day. The most unfortunate thing was I took my ipod out to alleviate the boredom. But it still had the 5km music from BRRC race on Sunday. Hence I had about 30mins of playtime on it. So not only was it what I had listened to on Sunday...it was what I listened to on the first 5km and then again on the second 5km arrggghhhh. Seriously there should be a law against replays!!!

Friday Morning - Yah today's Friday!
I was pretty happy to not be running around home again. Three days in a row would have mentally killed me!
Gooner and I met up at Slaughter Hills to wind our way up Mt Coot-Tha. It was extremely pleasant. I loved talking to him but mostly because the time just flew. We went through work, friends, home, travel, girlfriends and diets. It was amazing that for a bloke he didn't seem to take a breath!! Both being competitive we pushed each other up the hills and cruised down them for fun. The misty clouds and hidden views made it seem magical and not quite the Coot-Tha we usually experience. Something different. For that I was glad. Another 10km....done and dusted.

No comments: