Okay so it hasn't quite been a year since last posting - but it feels like it.
Lately I have been doing daily sessions at the gym (amazing how comfortable you can get stripping off in a room full of women and strolling to the showers...). It has been so much fun but all the while I have been really missing my running and my running buddies.
Did an hour on Wednesday night when Tesso and I looked after the Intraining group. We haven't had any men turn up for a few weeks so think we have totally scared them off. Don't think they liked seeing women run faster than them!
I finished up Wednesday feeling great and no pain or niggles. I went home smiling away.
Yesterday I followed that up with just a fast walk on the tready before doing a 90min session on the weights - can someone tell me - when do I get stronger??? I thought muscles would come overnight. Maybe it is a good thing that I am able to run again.
Will be doing the 5km race at Brisbane Road Runners this Sunday. Should be fun, though I won't be breaking any records!
4 comments:
Did you work out what happened to your leg? That sounded a bit freaky.
It is amazing how the context of a change room can change people. In my hockey team we showered in open showers all the time with no hesitation, yet some of those guys were also extremely homophobic and insecure. Weird hey!
It'll have to be next week now. By the time Monday comes around, I'll probably be better. What is it with guys and not going to the Doctor anyway?
I know what you mean about wondering when the weight training will pay off. Last year, the trainer at the gym convinced me that doing weight sessions was a good healthy thing to do. After some initial resistance, I started doing them twice a week because I kind of thought the idea of having a set of those pectoral muscles you see on those gym junkie guys might be rather cool to have.
Well after a year they still hadn't arrived.
Yay, you're back! Glad your knee is better :)
Weight Training - dude, I've been doing it for two years now and you never feel like you're getting any stronger, because every time you improve, up go the weights and it still feels exactly like it did at the start! pain, burn, more pain! LOL!
I can now leg press 220kgs and I still feel like I can't do anything LOL! Keep it up though - being stronger overall can only be a good thing!
See you sunday!
Post a Comment