Tuesday, June 14, 2005

ELEPHANITIS LEG

Oh what on earth has happened to me?
I woke up yesterday morning with a fat leg!
I was laying in bed and hubby said the kids were waiting for me to get up (I had been out to the Rugby Presentation dinner and got home about 1am so had slept in till 8am) then he looked at me and said "what are you doing?" I told him I was trying to straighten my leg and I couldn't. He took the covers off and looked at my leg and was shocked. It was like a tree trunk. You could not even tell where the knee was. I jumped up (um proberly the wrong thing to do) and ran to mirror. I'm talking ugly leg here.....

I am on my way now to Dr. Paul McConnell (sports dr) to see what it is. It went down a bit yesterday with icing and NSAID's but I can't drive properly and can't bend or straighten it without pain. The swelling just looks like someone has pumped the kneecap with 2litres of water. The rest of the leg seems okay now.

Anyone got any ideas what happened? BTW - this is not my sore leg with ITB.....

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh no Clairie, I hope its nothing too serious. You're not having too much luck are you :( Can't offer any words of wisdom about what it might be, but going to the doc's is definitely the sensible thing to do! Keep us updated wont you.

Hannah said...

Owww! Hope it's okay - maybe you've got fluid on your kneecap (though that's an entirely uneducated guess!)

Maybe you got bitten by something in your sleep - my mother swells up like that if she gets bitten by a bull ant, and my friend did when she got bitten by a redback....

Feel better soon, Dude! Let us know how it went!

Stu Mac said...

I hope its nothing too serious, maybe bitten....?????

I hope all turns out ok!

Ewen said...

Ask Dr JH! A jealous spider could be the culprit.