To try and make things a little different at the Gym (its not like running on the treadmill you can just change the route...) my friend (male) and I decided to race each other side by side. First one to 4km. Had to do 5min warm up, then 5 min at whatever pace (I choose 5min/km pace to be safe) then we had to run hard for 3mins (choose 4min/km pace) then easy for 5 mins (5min/km) then hard for 3 mins (4km/hr again). Then whatever speed was required to get to the 4km mark.
I won. Thats all you really need to read here..... :)
Following that session - total 25mins including the cooldown I did an hour on the weights. Went really hard today and am feeling tired all over. My arms don't want to type, my legs don't want to walk but my brain is alive and kicking and is thinking of how poppy seeds are extracted from poppy flowers and cleaned so we can eat them....and weird things like that.
All in all it was one of those magical mornings that last with you through the day with the feeling that you put in some honest efforts. I feel good, the leg is a bit achy but will get some loving treatment at home tonight to make up for it.
Have a great weekend everyone. Not sure if I will be legible to type here again til Tuesday as Puntermatt has his big 30th tomorrow and I am planning an endurance session!!!
3 comments:
Tonight tonight the treadmill's just right
Out of my way mister I will win
'Cause summer's here and the time is right
For goin' racin' in the gym
Enjoy the "endurance session" as much as the gym workout!
Score! Well done on your winning treadmill race..... You seemed to be going strong at PM's endurance session when I left, looking forward to hearing all about the rest of the night on Tuesday :)
Post a Comment