Tuesday, June 14, 2005

SLAP IN THE FACE

Had a crap day. Started out with a still swollen leg. Not so scary but for some reason more painful today.
Doctor advised my knee had pinched something and in my sleep or over time (driving long periods etc) the pinch had caused a great deal of inflammation - hence the swelling. He gave me some more medication, put a compression bandage on the leg and said to keep it elevated and ice it regularly.

If it doesn't go down or flares back up I will need further testing for an internal bleed or infection. But that is unlikely as it has started to recede already with the compression bandage. But man it is hurting.

Then I raced home to pick up Allan and found my Gold Coast Half Marathon Race Number in the mail. What a slap! I looked at my sorry legs and cracked a wobbly.
Al then put me in the car and we went out to the movies - oooh Gold Class. Saw Star Wars. Alot of other runners were there (it was a running movie night courtesy of intraining) and it was a good night out. We ordered so much food and I felt sick from all the maltesers I struggled to eat (yeah right).

The day ended well so I am hoping tomorrow will start well.

heh - maybe the Gold Coast 10km might still be feasible?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Owww! *hugs* Maltesers cure everything. In fact, chocolate is the secret to life :) Feel better soon!

Jen said...

I agree with Hannah. Chocolate is the secret to life ! I hope the leg settles down very soon (if it hasn't already) and you are back burning up the road and chasing Tesso. J