Saturday, June 04, 2005

Saturday Long Session

I got to the Gym just at Tesso would have been finishing up her 3hr long run this morning.

Did a 30min warm up on the treadmill. It was great to be running and sweating again. Did 10mins at 4:45 pace then did a 10min session with 1min on 4min pace, then 1min on 5min pace and kept repeating this cycle. Got the heart rate up without being too strenuous to make me need a break.
The last 10mins I played around a bit with the hills but reduced the pace. I'm told this is really good for the ITB.

Went into the weights area. I was the only girl there (but before I was finished some more turned up). There were loads of girls in the spinning class though - very popular. Note to self: Will have to do one with Tesso next week.

Did 90min session starting with lighter weights and moving up to doing the same exercises but with heavier weights. It felt so good and I didn't want to go home but after being away for more than 2hours thought I had better get home to the kids.

There was an obese man at the gym who had obviously lost a great deal of weight but had a bit more to go. I was proud of him working out there. I can't believe he was doing ab's on 80kg and chest pressing 60kg!!! I felt so weak taking over the equipment after him and having to move all the pins to much much less weight.
But I am happy to say I can press 40kg now with the adbuctors so my legs are getting stronger in just a few short weeks. My arms are still like cooked spaghetti - all wobbly and skinny but hopefully they will gain some strength in the coming months.

Never has a hot shower felt so damn good and deserving!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Gulp ... spinning class next week! Haven't done one of those for years. Think I'd rather do a 3 hour run ;-)

Haven't touched weights in six months, about the heaviest thing I've lifted is a family block of chocolate. So the more I read about your gym sessions the more I can't wait for the gym up the road to open.

The battle of the biceps will be on!