What a great morning.
Turned up to Pat's group and it was so fab to just see everyone and be with my running friends again.
Saw Wayne - who has been off with ITB as well so I took off after him and we did the warm up together discussing the best stretches, techniques and cures for our injuries. Both of us are coming back - slowly - still a few niggles but nothing to write home about.
After the warm up it was a 3 or 4km at race pace in preparation for most of the group who are doing one run or another at Gold Coast. Tesso was running at 4:50/km so I thought this would be easy to run with her. By the third km I was glad of the chance to stop. I didn't mind the rain or the cold, but for some reason that pace felt faster than it did a few months ago - a sure sign I have lost a lot of speed.
Naturally Tesso went on to do the 4th km whilst I cheered everyone on to their finish. She is going to do well this weekend I am sure but better not jinx her again!
The best news was when I finished Pat asked if I would work for him on Sunday. I get a pass into the finishing area etc and am now his Official Photographer for all the pacing groups. As well as that I need to hand out all the balloons etc at the stand on the day so I am chuffed - I am sure to meet up with all my fellow CRs along the way and it will make me feel more productive than just standing on the sidelines and yelling - though I am sure I will still be doing a fair bit of that!
GO TESSO GO
GO TESSO GO
GO TESSO GO
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear that you will not be running on Sunday but I am pleased that you are back into running and it appears injury free. Will look for you on Sunday - will start of with spot in the 3:15 group but I have no idea if I will be with him at the end.
Catch up with you.
Great to hear about your Gig with Pat ~ almost compensates, doesn't it!
Add a few GO TESSO's it there for me, and keep us posted!
Post a Comment