Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Run....a Proper Run

Woo Hoo...
Turned up today for Pat's speed session very apprehensive. After not doing any run for more than 30mins for the past few weeks and certainly not doing any speedwork - it was nerveracking to see how the leg would hold up.

At the beginning I felt a few clicks but after stretching and doing some strides I didn't feel it again until now - sitting at my desk.
A great session that really showed how much speed I have lost. 1min fast, 1min slow, 30sec fast, 30sec slow, 15sec sprint, 15 sec slow then repeat four times.

The 15min fartlek session ended with a 300m sprint to the end. I was feeling alive again. I didn't care that Tesso and all my buddies were like way in front and doing so well. I was running - painfree.

Tesso you are truly beyond definition. A long 3hr+ run on Saturday, a 10km PB on Sunday, followed by a week of heavy speed sessions (in which you blitz and put us all to shame). I nominate you Most Inspiring Runner of 2005 (after you go for that drug test). :)

Got back to the Ship Inn and shared the love with everyone before hitting the showers. My leg is noticeable now but I am sitting here with ice on it so tonight will be the decider. I expected some aching today - not just from the run but because I rolled it so much yesterday at the gym and again last night. It hardly hurts when I do it anymore but I know it is doing good so I will keep rolling, stretching and icing. Might put a touch of voltaren on it tonight after the ice....

Injuries aside, damn it was good to run today in the outdoors. I am feeling so much alive right now, still grinning!

6 comments:

miners said...

Lovely to hear Clairie - keep working on the injuries. We want GC to be a happy place

With all these great mornings runs in the Brissy blogs, I'd love to join one of Pat's group runs. I'll hang around for a week in Brissy after GC - Hope the invite to come along will still be there for me :)

Jen said...

Woohoo - Clairie is back !! Great to hear. J

Chelle said...

It was so good to have you back again, a couple of sessions and you'll be back up to speed again I'm sure. The important thing is that your leg is okay and you're able to run with us all again!! I've missed hearing your "BIIIIIKKEEEESSSSSS" or as in this mornings first call "Wheelbarrow Man" while running :)

Robert Song said...

Clairie, Do take care and be patient.

Rob said...

Hello Clairie & Tesso. Remember me :-)=)

Tesso said...

Who said that ????