Thankfully where I am staying in Perth it is very flat so my 6-8km hilly run on the program was changed by Coach Chris to a 12km fartlek.
The garmin said average pace of 4:56 but I must have been doing some slow km's in there because I know I was doing some fast ones as well.
Did 4km warmup at just over 5min pace, then 6km of increasingly faster running, followed by 2km of warmdown.
It was a great run though I did hurt all the way till the fifth km. Must have something to do with a big night out at the Annual Managers dinner last night :)
Totally loving this cool weather.....even with the hot 37degrees on Tuesday it is nothing like the humidity we have in Brissy.
Missing all the crew and suffering withdrawal symptoms from running with others. Scared everyone I ran past today with big cheery hello's but still no-one offered to run with me.....
4 comments:
LOL CLairie - NEVER believe the Garmin - I never do - I am certain mine measures notoriously short ;-)
Looks like another 2 nice workouts under your belt.
I'm sure they all knew they couldn't keep up, Clairie. When are you coming home?
God 5:09 pace for 17km... thats fantastic!!! All coming along nicely :-) Enjoy the nicer weather and the flat fartlek.
C'mon, you love the humidity. You know, you go to pat someone on the back and your hand just slides down. Well, we blame the sweat anyway, dunno what excuse we'll use in winter :-)
And don't worry, we still miss you. As Bjork would say "its oh so quiet" ;-)
Post a Comment