Tuesday, March 28, 2006

And you thought the news yesterday was bad......

today is even worse!!!

Great news from the Doctor. Not pregnant. Yippee. Can run again.

Am lactose intolerant so he thinks it is giving me symptoms that mimic the nausea and tiredness. Am on a strict bread and water diet for 3-4 days.

But fuck it my day got worse when my mother rang and asked for my itinery. I sent it to her and it was the one for my sisters wedding (the fortnight after). She said 'no the one for the marathon'.

I have forgotten to book my airfare.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

15 comments:

Ewen said...

Just don't forget your running gear Clairie.

Bread and water! That's what I call a depletion diet. Hope you're feeling better next week.

2P said...

Oh Clairie that is precious.... ever seen the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles?

You should at the very least still be able to get a flight to Sydney and then hitch a lift with someone going down.

Good luck with it bud ;-)

Matty said...

Hey Clairie,

If you ask nicely, our Premier in waiting may lend you the Govt jet ;-)

Get well soon.

PM

Sarah said...

Big hugs from me Clairie!!

You'll still be able to get a flight to Canberra, and if for some reason it's really expensive as 2p said, you can just fly to Sydney and get a lift. It'll all be fine.

As for the lactose intolerance, it's not really that bad. I became lactose intolerant last year and have adapted to it fine. I drink lactose free milk (as opposed to yucky soy milk), look in the fridge section of the supermarket, near the yoghurts. Also get some lactaid type tablets from the chemist, or the supermarket may have them. Carry them in your handbag, training bag and any other bag you have, and if you're out and can't help but have dairy, have one of them with your first bite/sip and you're all good.

Best of luck :)

Robert Song said...

I would have thought any serious marathon runner ( and especially a self proclaimed marathon virgin) would be to too tired from training to have to worry about suprises like that ;-)

Eagle said...

Pack your running gear NOW. If yo have a problem fly to Sydney as is suggested and get a lift with me. No family going with me this year. Now what elso do I have to remember ...... I assume you have entered.

Chelle said...

Have you got one yet? Dont leave us guessing. Fingers crossed

Chelle said...

I just had a look at there are heaps of flights *phew* under $300 return, 'she'll be right'

Lulu said...

LOl, all that training and then no flight. I'm sure you'll be fine.. there can't be that many people flying to Canberra for the weekend. If not they'll be room in our car too.

Katie said...

**LOL** Now tap the top of your neck... good it is still screwed on!
Seriously hope it all works out... as Eagle said there will always be a lift from Sydney! I also have a spare seat.
Get well!

Stephen Lacey said...

Ha ha! Sorry to laugh, but I hope after the panic attack subsides you are able to get a flight. You could always run there ;-)

Your choice of expletive made me reflect on that new controversial Tourism Australia campaign. I think it would have been far more indicative of our true cultural identity if in the punch line "bloody" was replaced by that real "great Australian adjective". I mean you would think they had said it by the way people have reacted to the fucking thing in the intended markets ;-) Silly people.

Jen said...

Bugger :-)

Toasty said...

I'm bracing myself for the next post!

Superflake said...

Doesn't the deputy premier run with you at Pat Carrolls? Surely a free pollie ticket is around.

Hannah said...

*grins* dude, talk about an eventful few days! Hurrah for not having a bun in your oven (although with the bread and water diet, I guess you'll be eating one instead!)

Glad the crisis averted and your plane is booked - you do make me giggle - I can just imagine your face and the way you'd sound saying 'fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck'
*grins*

Hope the next few days are calmer :)