Well until the 9th of April that is!!!
Some weirdo (good friend Liz) decided a 5am start would be in good order this morning so I found myself running in the dark for 30mins with a group of eager people this morning.
Once the sun came up and I realised who everyone was..ha ha...I started to relax and enjoy myself. The sun came out and it was extremely humid. I had a lot of water and a glass of powerade before I started so I wasn't too concerned about dehydrating but certainly the bladder needed a pit stop again. I do so hope that getting up a few hours before the start (instead of 40mins like I do for my long runs) will give me plenty of time to settle the nerves and have the 50 toilet breaks I seem to require before a race.
We were running strong today and the average pace for 35km was 5:10min/km so I was chuffed with this. I know I ran quite a few km faster than this - a) because I was trying to get a good lead on everyone in the group so I could stop at the loo without holding them up and b) Glenn shot past us at the 12km mark when we stopped for a drink so it was absolutely necessary to round him up later on even though that meant we had to run 4:40min/km pace for a few km.
So yes by 30km I was bone weary and was looking forward to the end. I also had chaffing under my arm from a singlet I had on (usually wear crop tops only) and my feet were all blistered still from last weekend. I dont think I got any more today but one lost toenail did not make for a fun ending to the run.
I was very disappointed this morning. Not because of the distance or the time -both I am very happy about. But more because as Chilli Pants said "bit of an anticlimax really". That's exactly what today was. No Tesso to whip my enthusiam up a few notches and nothing but 'right that one's done' when we finished. Where was the bottle of bollinger and big crowd to say "FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now" like in my dreams??
To top it all off I ordered pancakes with bananas and again the bananas didn't come. Most upset. Apparently it is just me. Chilli pants wife got her bananas last week. I complained and they went off in search of a bananna and we never saw any of the staff again. The Brissy Running Buddies have now blackballed that establishment for breakfast. We needed a change anyhow...
So in the words of my favourite runner.....ho hum
14 comments:
"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now" ..... would have said it sooner but I was done. I slept 3 hours this arvo and feel much better now.
FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking GREAT for Canberra now :-)
Enjoy your taper Clairie. You will be jumping out of your skin by the end of it (of course, that assumes that you aren't already!)
That's great clairie, Im so glad you are in taper mode now I dont think I could handle reading about another long run it wears me out just thinking about it :)
Well done Clairie! See you in 21 sleeps toeing a certain start line!
FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now.
Did you just hear that cork popping?
Here we go Clairie...the countdown begins. I hope you have an enjoyalbe three weeks. By race day you willbe absolutely rearing to go.
Well done on another great run Clairie. You've done all the hard work. Now you just have to take it easy for 3 weeks and you will champing at the bit in Canberra. Looking forward to seeing you running down there.
"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now :)
Clairie... you just need to shift your focus! You are now so fit and primed and ready to go these 30km runs are just another run! I think that is an awesome achievement! Look how far we have come in the last 6 months :-) I can't wait to meet you at Canberra and share this brilliant experience... cant change the fact they gipped you out of banana's! 3 weeks tonight we will all be celebrating what is going to be an awesome achievement! So you get into bed happy and confident that the hard work is done and visualise your triumphant debut!!!!
Maybe we should open a book on you v CJ :-)
Congratulations on completing a fantastic build up Clairie - enjoy the taper.
You are going to have a blinder in a few weeks :-)
That was no 'ho hum' run yesterday Clairie. In fact, I can't imagine you allowing anything in your life to be 'ho hum'!
You should have told me you expected champers. We could have ordered it at our ex favourite post run cafe ... its on the wine list. Wonder what they would have come up with :-)
Cotton wool time now girl!
There will be no anti climax at the end of 42.185 on Sunday 9 April. I suspect it will be a mixture of elation and relief and many other emotions as well as tears of joy.!!!!
It's hard to get good service in Queensland!
Enjoy your taper Clairie - Tesso will be back soon to run with you.
"FABULOUS RUN CLAIRIE, looking good for Canberra now"
Taper Time now Clairie - Don't let me catch you overtraining!! :)
Post a Comment