Getting ever so close now. I am starting to suffocate and feel claustrophobic from the pressure I put on myself to train. I feel I haven't done enough but I know I have. aaaaarrrrgggghhhh.
This morning I decided no matter how much the in-laws (I love em)and babies at home were tiring me out I would run as hard as I could this morning. AND I DID.
Session was 6 x 500m with 30sec recovery. I rushed out to start but found myself amongst the leaders (fast group) at halfway so I pulled in a bit to reserve some energy. Sure enough Tara then flew past me so I stepped up a gear and finished off just behind her.
The next lot of reps I made sure to keep in front, but what was really working me was only have a 30sec rest. Normally I take a full 45sec recovery so it was hard to back up so soon after busting a gut. I was chasing Mark and managed to run with him for most of the sets and not be too far behind Robbie - though he was starting 5sec before me each time.
We wrapped it up with two hill reps up Gold Coast Hill. That was tough but I actually didn't mind it today.
I just love running with the PCRG guys. It is so motivating and puts me on a high every time. Pat doesn't need to advertise - any newcomer gets a full welcome and gets to see first hand all the success stories and hear how people are improving and also see how motivated and encouraging we all are. It is one big family - where everyone is welcome. I don't even know the names of them all....but I love em just the same. Running is the best and running at Pat's is the icing on the cake. Where else in the world can Tess and I get up to mischief and get fit at the same time?
Seriously, I can honestly say I worked damn hard this morning and I deserve my luxury coffee today!
6 comments:
Great job! Enjoy your coffee.
BTW, what distance are you running at Kurrawa?
Enjoy the coffee Clairie - you have earned it.
Great session by you this morning, you were up there with the big boys. Well, they probably think they are big boys, lets not ruin it for them :-)
You're so right about Pat's sessions, he's really turned it into something special hasn't he. And what a great bunch of people. Can you ever recall not having fun at one? I can't, no matter whether I'm running well or like crap. Pity he only has them twice a week, I'd go every day if it was on ;-)
Whoops, its three times a week now isn't it. Lets push for four!
Isn't perspective funny? I am always constantly amazed at how hard you train, and here you are thinking you haven't done enough.
Oh Clairie, no need to put pressure on yourself, you always shine!
Post a Comment