Sunday, November 19, 2006

22 Days to go....long run time

Today was 30km on the menu but when I arrived at the Ship Inn everyone was talking about only running 25km....very disappointed. I knew Toasty was running 30km so I was happy to see him there.

After the first few km a group of us let the lead pack go - we were running 4:45's and that was just too fast for a long run. The weather was really quite cool so it was perfect weather and we were all in good moods.

Toasty shot off with Phil after 5km and we never saw them again so there went my plan of running with him.

We did a long tempo run to compensate running 4:30's then 5:30's for the duration of the run. There are a few hills included so it was a solid workout and I was really quite exhausted afterwards with very tight muscles. A good stretch was in order before I got in the car and raced home to get ready for more house guests - November is a busy month!!!

2 comments:

Toasty said...

Well that was the plan .... 30K with Clairie .... didn't happen. Sorry.

I noticed Glenno and the Johnnies drifting off, they really don't like to stop for water breaks and when they do it's gulp and go. I thought the rest were slowing down (too much yapping and not enough foot slapping) so I decided if I move ahead a little we might all keep up.

It wasn't long before I was caught in the middle and thankfully Phil had kept up. Before passing Tesso's place you guys were no where to be seen. Right then I decided to go the university route as it means you have to do the distance and can't cut it short at the end.

Phil runs fast early but he wouldn't chase me up highgate hill like you do. I think you would have caught me this time ........ nah, not yet

Tesso said...

I was thinking of you guys river-looping as I was bay-looping Saturday morn.

Nice work. 25k is plenty, no need to do 30k well, not when I'm not there anyway :-)