Well two weeks Sunday (yesterday).
I got out of bed early (can't say I woke up till halfway during the run) and headed out to the BRRC 15km race at 6am. I got there early but sat on my bum feeling like not running. Tess was doing a half marathon and there was no-one else that would be running beside me. I managed to talk myself into it so after a last minute water and then loo stop I lined up at the start.
It was 3 x 5km loops.
First loop I did 5min/km pace; the second loop I ran at 4:50 pace and the last loop I ran at 4:30min/km pace. All up I ran in 1hr 11mins. It was a good run and I was glad that I was able to get faster - especially as my legs were dead tired from yesterday.
I spent the rest of the day swimming and surfing up at Mooloolaba. I got burnt, dumped and totally exhausted myself. When I finally went to bed I was totally bonked.
This morning - Monday - I went to the Gym but did not have much energy. It is not iron as I have been eating well but I am fairly sure it is just all the training at such high intensity (high for little ole me). Nonetheless....training tomorrow and I hope to put in a solid effort.
4 comments:
I'm glad I got to see you running after all yesterday. Just think if you were 10 seconds slower (unlikey) or I was 10 seconds faster (even more unlikely) we would have been running on opposite sides of the boat shed and wouldn't have seen eachother!
Smart running by the way. You turned the race into a decent workout but won't have wrecked yourself for training this week. Must've been fun passing people too :-)
Ok then, solid one tomorrow. You'd better not be smiling in any of the piccies Pat takes.
On reading your post I just had to look up Wikipedia on bonk.
"Bonk has long been a colloquial term, slightly jocular in its connotation, meaning sexual intercourse, but has recently become more commonly used as a jargon term by endurance athletes, primarily cyclists."
I presume you meant the latter when you said "When I finally went to bed I was totally bonked." I guess I should hang out with cyclists a bit more and learn the lingo.
2 weeks till what? Is there something on in 2 weeks? Haven't noticed you alluding to anything - what is it?
Hehehe
Nice work Clairie.
After a full day of hard runnning, hard surfing and hard bonking, it is no wonder you felt a bit flat on Monday.
Post a Comment