The Big countdown to Kurrawa has started. Only 25days now till race day. Getting very excited - that means less than 40days till Christmas!
This morning Tess, Toastie and I ran together around Brisbane city. Tess and I had started earlier and did about 4.5km, then picked up Toastie, Tara and Ciaran to do the Story Bridge route (16km). Tara and Ciaran dropped off early due to work committments.
The run this morning was a big tough one for me. I found it hard going all the way. We ended up running 21km (Tess did another 100m to make it a half-marathon but I wasn't budging).
The most fun I had was when we were going over the Storey Bridge and Tess tore in front like a little general. Naturally we turned it into an Indian run and took turns racing to the front in single file. I'm sure many walkers were thinking we were nuts.
Tess was miles ahead this morning and I was struggling just to keep her in view. She is really on fire and going to be my main competitor at Kurrawa. Think I might have to put up some fake detour signs on race day morning :)))
So from here on I am Focussed. Determined. Hardworking. Committed. oh and Buggered.
8 comments:
Wow, 21 km before work! That is a big run and takes a lot of committment. お疲れ様でした。[loosely: Great job!!]
Well Clairie, if you run that well when you find it hard going wait until Kurrawa when you are tapered and ready to goooooo - you will nail it!
Thanks for convincing me 5am was a good time to start, that little bit of extra time meant we could clock a few more kms. I'm sure it was actually more than 21k too, the Garmin definitely measured that course about 400m less than it normally does.
I've taken turns all four times I've done the return journey in that race so those fake detour signs might actually help me :-)
That was supposed to say I've taken WRONG turns all four times!
Sounds like a tough start to the day but the Indian run sounds like a fun idea.. I'll have to try that on the next run I do with the girls.
an indian run!?! that's a new one (sounds like what we do on the bike occasionally though) must try it :)
Who was the last indian? ;-)
Nice work Clairie.
Yawn. I feel buggered just reading your blog !!
We are nuts!
Post a Comment