After Wednesday's hangover I decided to sleep well Wed night and work hard at my Thursday run.
It didn't exactly look like that is what I was doing though. We were doing a loop of Mount Cootha via the trails and it was so bloody steep and rubbly that I could not get a good grip on my 'old' shoes. So there I was going backwards trying my hardest.
As soon as I got to the top I was in about 5th position. Miles behind the others.
I told myself...dammit you should be running with them so MOVE it. I did and was absolutely flying along. I suprised myself I was that damn fast. The smoke was coming of the back of my shoes and I was totally loving it. I could not breathe - because at that speed air is not of high quality.
Anyhow I was very happy to find that I came in first - totally not expecting that. Well to be really honest there was three runners that came in and went back out again but they are elite and were not in the group that I was chasing. I think they were running at 3:50min/km pace going UP the hill so I was never going to catch them!!! All up it was a great feeling and gave me a good start to the day.
FRIDAY
Down to 16 days until Kurrawa and the doubts are still niggling there. I am not training today - had to pick the in-laws up at 5am at the airport. But am considering my options for running on the weekend. Will let you know what I come up with. Choices are:
Sat - Riverloop (25-30km) or 17km flat or 18km Hilly or 3km Masters Track race
Sun - 15km BRRC race or 5km BRRC race or Half Marathon race with Tesso.
ooohh the choices....
7 comments:
Good girl getting the in laws.
You did a great training session. 16 days and counting.....you need to stop the beers now.
LOL - love that image of hte smoking heels :)
Best of luck with whatever heat-seeking run you decide on for the weekend
Hlaf marathon ;-)
Great Coot-tha running there. Amazing what a rest day (or well sort of) can do for you. Pity there's not 8 days in the week, we'd be laughing.
Yeah, big decisions re runs on the weekend. Hope we don't get our wires crossed and end up missing eachother ;-)
Hi Clairie
If I were you I'd do the 3K masters on the track Saturday and the half marathon with Tesso on Sunday.
I'm interested to see you run another track race to compare to your last effort.
Have a good weekend.
With those smoking shoes you should be a red hot favourite for the 3000m track :-)
Look fwd to hearing what you decide.
In the meantime I best be getting my arse to Dorrigo ;-)
3km Masters track race (with Tesso).
:)
Post a Comment