Friday, November 17, 2006

23 Days to go - Friday GYM

No running as such.

Did RPM but hit the wall so to speak. It was weird but I found I had to keep my resistance lower than usual to cope with the unusual amount of hills we had today. We had a whole song dedicated to hovering - the wonderful art of being out of your seat and leaning forward, your bum is hovering just above the seat and your hands are gripping the end. We had to race in that position and forget the legs - I think I pulled a back muscle!!

Did weights after that and almost dropped them on myself. I am very drained of energy. So todays diet is all porridge and carbs. Big run on the agenda for tomorrow so I need to be well fueled as I am not likely to be well rested.

3 comments:

2P said...

Yesterdays Mt Cootha sounds fun ;-)

Not sure about all this bum hovering though - read it the first time as hoovering which I think reads all together much better :-)))))

Samurai Running said...

Hi Clairie

If you can Clairie please let us know a little about the next race you've been talking about. Like, what kind of course is it? Have you run this before?

By what I've been hearing about the type and number of races around Brisbane, I'm starting to think I can add it to my list of places that would be good to retire to.

Ewen said...

Hands are gripping the end of what? Some part of the bike I hope. Is Mt Cootha a Duathlon?!