I felt like shit today. Ran like shit and had heavy legs. However looking back over previous weeks (even BI - before injury) I see that Thursday speed session is always a hard one for me. It is at the end of the week, I am tired from late TV wed night and hard working all week, plus my weekly training up till then is pretty intense. So sooner or later something is going to give.
Anyhow no excuses - at the end of the day it is DAMN FANTASTICto be running injury free no matter how tired, or slow I feel.
We warmed up then did 5 mins fast turned around and ran 5 mins fast back to the starting point.
Meant to have 60sec rest before sprinting out again (only managed 40sec) but this time Pat turned us around after 2.5mins. At the end of that we had to run up the big grassy hill and collapse.
A very long warmdown with Flash - so at fast pace - was in store for me. Liz did hers with Phil so we both finished totally exhausted and unable to hold up a conversation very well.
I guess that's why we love running....the exhaustion!
1 comment:
Ha ha! Sounds like you and Lizzle had a warm-down like my pre warm-up warm-up :-) I reckon I did a PB for my run from work to get to Pat's on time - I was knackered before we started!
Post a Comment