Wow Tesso if that is you going slow then I'd hate to see you on a week when you are going fast and not got so many miles in the leg!!!
Got the to the gardens on a lovely warm up this morning, I really enjoy going over the Victoria Bridge, nice views and good paths all the way.
Everyone was talking about Bridge to Brisbane and it was good to hear all the good reports on everyone's efforts.
I said I was going to take it easy today - my quads are still sore (they are never sore) so I assume that is my body telling me to watch out. I have been ramping the mileage up totally ignoring the 10% rule so today I played it safe. Well that was the plan. However Tess then said she was going to run with me and I am sure on each lap she was going faster and pushing me that little bit further.
She is amazingly strong on the downhills no matter how hard she goes on the uphill so it was interesting to keep up with her today. Hopefully I picked up a few tips.
I say it often and I will say it again, I have so much respect for Tess as a runner. She puts in all the hard efforts and long kms and it always there with an ear to listen and offer advise. Tess I wish you all the best on Sunday at the Sydney City to Surf, we'll be thinking of you. I was going to say to rest up for it on Saturday but one thing I have noticed with your running is that you bounce back very very quickly from high mileage. Each time you do a 30km+ training run you then pull a pb or do really well in the days to follow...mmmm might have to try that one day.
Myself - I think I take a lot longer to recover, but that's okay I'm still learning :)
I was steady up the last hill on the bridge this morning watching Tess and others fly off into the sunrise but at the top some of the others starting slowing down and pulling up preparing to finish, I kept the legs turning and managed to pass a few on the downhill. That is the first time I have done that so I was happy with the session.
Another bloody cold shower at Southbank so I was shivering all the way to work!!!
2 comments:
Great work yourself this morning Clairie!
I think we managed to be consistent on every rep of that hill - except for the final one when I just couldn't catch you before the top :-) Its a good feeling being able to run the last one as strongly as the first.
And just quietly I thought it was you setting the pace on the downhills!!!
Re the recovery I find downing a protein bar within 20 mins of finishing my long run or particularly hard session does wonders. As does chocolate ;-)
A good session this morning Clairie! The warm shower I enjoyed at South Bank in the Gents was heaven sent :)
But just to even things out a little, I did go for a 5min thigh deep wading recovery at Breaka Beach and I assure you it was cold!
After your little misdemeanour with the 10% rule, I wouldn't push your luck by breaking it again....We want you at training all the time, Mate!! Not injured again.
Post a Comment