Because she can run faster and better and further than me I have decided to evict Tesso from my blog.
Nah seriously, young Tesso has finally agreed to start posting on her blog. I am dead keen to learn all her secrets and after her recent attempts here where she was warmly welcomed I think it will be a great blog. Way to go Tess.
This morning I woke up and felt fantastic. Very tired but the legs were not sore at all - suprising after all the hills on Sunday.
After a quick warm up I was reading for some 500's. Todays session was 6 x 500 and 1 x 1km. I started out okay, bit disappointed with how I felt but able to maintain Tess and Tori in my view. Then the wheels fell off after the fourth one and I hit the wall (yes it happened in a set of 500's!!!). Splits are below and this will illustrate my wonderful fall from grace (or is that speed??) :
1:50
1:50
1:55
1:57
2:10
2:07
4:20 (1km)
My legs never recovered and I think Sunday was catching up with me. Either that or I just can't run fast :(
Anyhow worse news to come - Pat has upped his charges and I'm pissed off. I know he is doing it to be flexible to all the people who are injured or sick. Hence he has developed a flexible charge - $50 for 8 sessions. You only cross a session off if you show. Hence once a week for 8 weeks or twice a week for 4 weeks etc etc.
At the moment it was a flat monthly charge and if you didn't make it, you didn't get any bonus or refund. Which I thought was ok to a point. If you were off for the full month it would be fair to just extend for another month.
Then Pat announced that he would be charging additional for his program - $30. So all up if you want a program and attend his sessions it is $80 a month. I love his sessions and will continue going, the people are wonderful and I feel so good and improve heaps doing this speedwork. However I think I will have to turn to my trusty CR friends for help on doing a program for all the non-running days.
mmmmm maybe I just wait to read Tesso's new blog and copy her :)
5 comments:
Yeah good idea to rid yourself of that tesso character - she was holding you back ;)
He's a cheeky lad, that minersrun! Clairie, I have the monopoly on not being able to run fast!
So your little Tesso is ready to leave the nest? You must be both sad and proud. Can she still come to drinks on Friday or do we have to have two of those now as well?
Don't copy other people's training Clairie! That doesn't work.
With the 500s you should have stopped during or after the (ugly) 2:10. I think a whole set of 1:55s would be good for you.
Post a Comment