Tesso here ....
With 90 mins on the pgm yesterday I thought I'd put in an easy hour before taking the Intraining Beginners (aka School Of Pain). Had some music on the iPod just perfect for a cruisey run, "The Late Great Daniel Johnston - Discovered Covered" a compilation of some of Daniel's originals and cover versions of the same songs by the likes of Beck, Tom Waits, Bright Eyes and others. Oh, and he's not late, but he is great! Bumped into Langy and Melissa on the bike path and enjoyed the chance for a wee break to have a chat.
Had to cut School of Pain 5 or 10 minutes short as most of the group were attending a nutrition seminar after the class so I told them we'd be pushing it a bit harder as a result. I got them to do 8 x 30 secs fast/30 secs jog, then 4 x 1 min fast/30 sec jog. Tee hee, couldn't resist doing a 'Pat' on them and making that final 1 min a 1 1/2 min effort. We had a little time remaining so put it to the vote, more 30 sec efforts or some hill reps. Unbelievably they chose the hills! With a restricted timeframe there was not as much standing around as usual so it was a hard session for them. Oh, and a rather quiet one too without my trusty co-coach Clairie :-)
With less than 12 hours to recover the legs were actually a little sore for Pat's this morning (must start having a protein bar after Wednesday night sessions I think). It was a toughy, after a long warm up we had to do two lots of '2 mins fast, 30 sec jog, 1 min fast, 30 sec jog, 2 mins fast, 30 sec jog' and then a fast five minutes which ended at the amphitheatre in the Gardens and a killer sprint up the hill. Not my favourite session, but certainly my favourite location to train .... well, except for that little hill at the end maybe.
It was a smaller group than normal this morning. Quite a few people are out with colds and flu, and a couple are injured. And of course Clairie is on the other side of the country. Michelle was along so got to talk about all the fun of C2S. It was great to catch up with V, fresh back from her 3rd placing in Noumea Marathon, and good to see Glenda looking so sharp before this weekend's Australian Cross Country Champs in Adelaide. Gosh, we get to mix it with the best people!
After being out of action its good to have a few solid days of training under the belt. The dreaded lurgey has all but gone, so feeling almost normal again ... if you called knackered normal.
4 comments:
Me thinks you are a natural blogger Tess!! Not sure if I like the sound of School of Pain though! :)
Thanks for the warning Tesso. I was thinking of joining the beginners class when I'm able to run again. Now I'm not so sure.....
Yep Tesso, knackered sounds pretty normal.
'Knackered' you might be, Tess; but still running like a greyhound! Hope to catch up in Sydney.
Post a Comment