My legs felt like lead this morning after the 3K TT on Tuesday followed by a gym session Wed morning and a 60min run Wed night.
But I was in the same boat as many others who were starting to feel the effects of a running 'build up'.
We headed out to New Farm - which is around 3k warm up and I was tired by the time we did that. Pat said we were doing 400 or 500ms and i stupidly thought he would make it up at the time (ie stop at either 400 or 500). But after we started and then Tess stopped just ahead of me I pulled up too thinking she had injured herself. Then EVERYONE behind us pulled up as well. I get it - that was the 400m mark. The 500m runers had gone ahead and stopped at the next marker Pat had put out.
We had ample rest today and that made me feel much much better than normal. I started to enjoy it even. I called out for the boys to catch us as we all took off to head back to the start. They never had a chance. However on the next rep when we headed out we had to laugh - Pat had moved our marker further out and closer to the guys so this time they were bound to catch us on the way in.
Tesso is so consistent yet I was all over the place. One or two I managed to get in front of her and then the others I was about 10m behind - but she kept the pace all the time. Need to learn her secret.
Lizzle was running with us too and after doing 500m on the first rep, stayed with us for the remaining ones.
We then did the cool down and included a 1km no watch run. Money is donated to Camp Quality and the winner gets the receipt for tax purposes. It was fun. I put down 5mins (this is what I want to run on Sunday) but got to the line in 4:24. WAAAAAY OOOOUUUT. I can only say that after a speed session it is really really hard to guestimate your times/pace as your legs have so much fatigue in them but are still keen to go a bit fast. Oh well, next time maybe :)
Well done to Liz and Tess who both crossed the line in 5:10 as they guessed - the exact pace they will both need as they are Official Pacers for the Noosa Half at 1:50 pace.
1 comment:
I thought you were on fire on Thursday morn Clairie! Gosh, you were waaaaay ahead of me on most of those reps. Not sure where you got the energy to run like you did.
I had one of those days where I struggled to find the enthusiasm :-( When Pat offered us the option of 400s or 500s there was no question in my mind what I was doing. I'll put it down to a big couple of days running and coming to the session straight from work. But still, it kinda left me feeling guilty I wasn't giving my all.
Post a Comment