Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday Run

Public Holiday today - Show Day.

So what do all good runners do on a holiday? Turn it into a run day....with breakfast to boot :)

Headed out from the regatta with Hubby in tow. I got to the 2km mark and my right knee was quite sore. Allan has a viral infection as well so at the 3km mark we turned around and waved goodbye to all the others who were setting off to do longer runs.

Tesso ended up doing around 25km!!! No wonder she is the State Champion.

Her first 10-15km were at 5:10 pace as her and Liz were practising for their role as Official Noosa Pacers for Pat Carroll (1:50 goal). I wish I was running with them, they are going to have so much fun.

On the way back to the Regatta my knee totally gave way and I was in immense pain. I have no idea what has happened to it and am a bit concerned. At this stage, nothing will stop me running Noosa but to err on caution I have begun NSAID course and am icing and stretching religiously. It is not ITB but a very sharp pain at the front bottom of my knee..... any ideas?

**********HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU PAT CARROLL**********

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your knee Clairie. My fingers are crossed for you for Sunday. J

Tesso said...

Hmmmm, Show Day. Pat had me scheduled for a 2 hour run then I had to go work for the afternoon. Some public holiday :-( The 2 hours was a bit of a struggle, the legs still feeling the effects of C2S I think.

Anyway, time to wrap yourself in cotton wool Clairie, a great PB at Noosa beckons. Hopefully the knee will behave on Sunday.

Cirque said...

Sorry to hear about your knee Clairie. Good luck with the ice and the NSAIDS