Tuesday, August 16, 2005

TUESDAYS EFFORT

Contrary to many others I really like this session. It is a good teller as to how you are going and what you can expect from the 3k TT.

We did 2 x 2km and then 1 x 1km.

Normally I would go hard to see what I could do and try to do it as close to 8mins as poss for the 2kms then a 4min for the final km.

Today though, with Noosa beckoning and me feeling like I didn't want to be there (I can't wait for summer) I decided to stick with Ciaran who was practicising his pacing for Noosa. We are running together so today was 4:44 per km pace.

The first km we did in 4:10, then the second. I kept yelling at him to slow down but I don't know why I didn't. Then I stopped to rest but he kept going to work it out, no doubt being frustrated with his pacing efforts.

Again I set off to do another 2km. This was much closer to target (4:30/km) but my legs were tired now and I have big doubts about my goal time at Noosa because of this session. I found it hard to do 4:44 when everyone around me was going so fast but yet I also felt like I was doing more effort than the time was indicating.

Poor Ciaran, as he has the flu I am not sure how he is going to go in his role as official pacer at Noosa. Get better mate and rest up until Sunday. Garmin can pace for us :)

No comments: