Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Perth

Perth gal here. Damn Noosa run made my bung knee come back worse than ever. I have spent last two days downing anti-inflamms and limping from meeting to meeting. Not a good look in the corporate head office.

My right knee is swollen but it is just fluid on the knee so I have my fingers crossed that it will go down before Sunday. I need to find a sports physician who specialises in Bakers Cysts so I can get this resolved once and for all.

So to answer your question Tess - I have done no runs at all in the last two days.

I was hoping to get out and meet Spot tonight at the WAMC (West Aust Marathon Club) but am still barely walking so won't be risking a run tonight.

Is it all worth it? Was one run worth limping around for 5 days and suffering bad stomach ache from a 4-day course of NSAIDs? yes!! I still remember my own personal disbelief on Sunday when I come in under my goal target. What an amazing feeling.

Hope the school of pain doesn't slack off too much without me there tonight! Make them do 60mins of hill reps Tess hee hee

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh no!! I guess the good thing is that your great run at the weekend will always be there, hopefully your bad knee wont be. I was told I had ITB this morning, so I'm sharing your frustration right now too!! See you when we both get running again (soon I hope)

Tesso said...

Oh no Clairie, bad news about the knee. Then again, its forcing you to rest after your big run Sunday so I guess that's one bright side. Gotta get it all sorted before we embark on our Canberra 2006 campaign :-)

Re School of Pain and giving them 60 mins of hill reps ... think I'd be after you for some of those anti-inflamms after the gang kneecap me.

Rob said...

Gosh Clairie! What a bugger. Keep the chins up.

Matty said...

Damnit, again - just reading through my fav blogs now - first Chelle and then Clairie have succumbed to the grim reaper of injury!

Clairie - Hope you can get things right mate. I'll talk to you more when you get back.

M