
Firstly, thanks for all your comments and support. Tess, just wasn't the same without you. There was no-one waiting for me at the finish line to jump for joy with me! Fancy that!!
I went through so much pain today, a sore gut, blisters and lots of mental anguish. Today is the first time that I have felt, well if I can't meet my goal time then I might as well walk. I can't believe how disheartened I got in the 15th km. I had been about 30-40secs in front of the 1:40 pacing group but it was around here that the leader pacer got me and went in front. It was a mental thing that I had to get over and hearing Tess's voice in my head got me over it. But I have to say it was hard and I fought all my demons to get over the line.
It is easy to say 'great run' when you do a pb - and I did mine by 6min 20sec, but during the run if you had spoken to me I would have broken down in pieces I was feeling that bad at times. I truly believe running is all in the mind now. I didn't feel my gut or my blisters as much as the thoughts running through my head that I hadn't worked hard enough at training or how disappointed people will be if I don't run well etc. A very enlightening day.
Anyway gotta fly. literally. Off to perth in about oooh 40mins. :)
10 comments:
Clairie you are one very though and determined lady.You have come through so much this year and you have hung in there in never given up. You inspire me. Today was a best and there is better to come.
Clairie, even though I've spoken to you once or twice today and heard all about your race I got goosebumps reading about it all!
Not just a massive PB but to go under 1:40 after only just coming back from injury is truly amazing! Then again, you have trained so well and followed Pat's advice so I knew you would do it. Still, its soooooo exciting.
Brissie CR drinks on Sept 2nd is shaping up to be one hell of a celebration :-)
Sounds like it was a well earned PB - hard work but you did it. Well done! You should be feeling really pleased with yourself!
You go, girl! Fantastic effort!
Superb effort Clairie, between you and Jodie the flag was being flown very high for Pats girls yesterday!! Have a good time in Perth, see you when you get back :)
Well done Clairie. Isn't it so satisfying when you have to work really hard to get a pb. It sounds like Pat gives very good advice. I think when I can afford it (a while off) I might engage his services as an online coach.
That was an absolutely fabulous run mate. I have to agree with you that a great run is all in the mind as I found out myself.
Let me know if you have any luck with the pheromones from two posts above :)
M
Gee, and I thought I had a problem with blog spam ;-)
Congratulations on winning the battle against your mind and on your superb (and latest) PB. Running is an amazing way of opening your mind to the possibilities of what you are truly capable of. Well done ! Bring on Canberra 2006.
J
Brilliant run Clairie - well done!
Congratulations on a massive PB Clairie. Even better when you win important mind games with yourself. There will be plenty more to come.
Post a Comment