Friday, August 19, 2005

Takin' It Easy (ish)

Tesso here .....

Wasn't feeling 100% when I woke up Thursday, sort of verging on fluey but not really that bad. The scheduled session was one of my favourites, just some short reps, so I didn't want to skip it.

The warm-up was out to under the Story Bridge. I sensed Clairie was on fire when in the 3k or so warmup she shot ahead with Tori and Allison and the three of them were almost out of sight of the rest of the pack!

Pat told us it was going to be an easy session, just basically get the legs moving fast in the lead up to Noosa. We started with 4 x 1 min, with a Pat type 30 second rest. Just quietly I think we all need to pitch in and buy him a new watch. On the second rep Clairie and Rent Boy were battling it out, and there was a fair bit of argy bargy going on. What a laugh! Jan called out to them that they were behaving like triathletes. But Clairie was able to hang in there with him, with Lizzle and I chasing in vain - they got further and further away from us. On the fourth one Scotty joined in the battle, and again Clairie was able to keep up with them. Gosh, I'd love to have some of that speed. I think she has those boys worried!

After the 1 min reps we cruised on over to the floating walkway to do some 30 second efforts. These are great, you just bust a gut for 30 secs and its over before you know ... well, almost. As I said this is one of my fave sessions, but also one I find a little frustrating as I rarely keep up with those I can normally keep up with or finish in front of in the longer stuff.

Warmed down back to the Ship Inn where Pat supplied for our usual treat of watermelon and pineapple. And mini Crunchies .... arrggghhhh! I had to turn my back and not look at them. And as hard as he tried Langy couldn't convince us girls of the zero calorie content.

Anyway, another great session. No matter how you feel before it starts, why do you always feel so much better afterwards?

There are a few pre-race nerves in the group with Noosa Half/10k/5k just a few days away, lots of PBs on the cards for sure. And after seeing her in action yesterday I reckon my co-blogger is in for a big one :-)

3 comments:

CJ said...

I did a Pat session from my marathon training program by myself yesterday after work. Wasn't feeling that great before I started, and there were times during the session when I thought I might die but I felt great when I finished! So much so that I had a Tim Tam a little bit later - felt that I had earned it! So I can relate to what you're saying. Good luck for Noosa.

miners said...

Glad to see you've pulled up really well after your great run in Sydney Tess. It was lovely to see you again.

All the best to both of you up at Noosa!

Matty said...

Good on you for leaving those mini Crunchies alone Tess - now I know why I was able to have 3 pieces :)

Have a great one at Noosa!!

PM