JAN MONTHLY TOTAL - 277KM
Couldn't sleep so was up and out of the house by 5:10am. Met up with a group of runners at the Regatta at 5.30 and did a few km with them at 5min/km pace, then headed back to meet up with Tess at 6am.
It was hot out there today - mainly I was bothered with the sun reflecting off the water so the sun must be rising later (already!!) than it has been.
Did a sprint from 3-4km and then slowed up. Saw Barry just after the 4km mark so unfortunately (he is party deaf) I had to sprint again to catch him. This was so fast I am sure I did it in 4:20 but just caught him at the 5km mark. I could hardly talk at that stage and shortly afterwards stopped to get some water and part ways.
Headed back to the Regatta trying to keep around 5:10 pace as my legs were really tight. I did the last km a bit faster in 4:50 but otherwise it was a steady run home.
I drank a bit of water but maybe not enough. I got in the car after hanging around for 20mins talking to everyone and then promptly was sick. I drove the 15mins to work feeling very unwell and having the window down.
I think this was because I had a few bites of a protein bar afterwards with no water to wash it down. I only do this after a hard or particularly long run but today I felt my muscles really needed a kick to help them along. I don't think I will be doing this again and will stick to protein drinks in the future. Weird thing is I have a gut-rot stomach that can normally take most hard core foods/mixes.
6 comments:
Nice monthly total Claire and from what I've been reading here all quality too - well done mate.
Today sounded like a hard session in the heat and I don't think you should blame talking to people for 20mins for making you sick ;-)
Re what 2P said, I do recall Chris picking on you at our post run chat. You shouldn't have taken it to heart ... or stomach ;-)
Great to see you increasing the miles for the Wednesday runs, and keeping up a pretty good pace for them too.
PS You forgot to mention the lizard!
oo-er. So it can happen to the most cast-iron of stomachs too can it? That'll be fair warning to the rest of us. Must have been one of those free power bars they give away in race-kits that are 2 years out of date
Made a comment then I somehow removed it. Here goes again. I have nver chucked after running but I am sure you feel much better after it. Keep up the quality training.
Put it down to food training .... I have found red wine and thai food are to to be taken before a long run.
Post a Comment