What a great session this morning.
I know I am fitter than this time last year as I recall every Tuesday after a Sunday race I would be exhausted and not able to go 'hard' at the speed.
Today, though exhausted, I was happy with how hard I pushed myself and how my little (ha ha ha ok stop laughing now Matty...) legs kept up the pace.
We did a different warm up over the Storey Bridge which made a nice change. Pat says this is a 4km warmup. Yep certainly felt that long.
The session was then 5 x 500m and 1 x 1km with 60sec rest. If you wanted to go longer you could do 7x500m but I was happy to not do this option (one day I will).
There were sooo many people at Pat's group. I swear there was 60 people running at least this morning. Hence it was a bit crowded. Robson from intraining was there and after egging him on during the warmup we raced one of the 100m sprints we were doing for strides - I won. I only say this because I think I pulled a muscle in my butt!!
So for the first 500m it was very crowded and I tried to sit back but eventually took off and started the watch. 1:58 for that one. Mmm Could have sworn I was faster. Then Robson chased me and we raced the next one - I did 1:48. That was also after 36sec rest.
The rest of the session went pretty much the same way with just under 2min. Not sure what happened in the 1km as I was going much faster than that so I think I didn't stop the watch or something.
Splits are:
500m (recovery)
1:58 (36)
1:48 (57)
1:53 (58)
2:00 (57)
1:58 (59)
4:13?
I was pretty happy with the session and very grateful for Tess for giving me some water after my sloppy 2min 500m effort. It certainly helped pick me up again.
It was a great atmosphere out there this morning - the excitement of seeing Tesso and talking about our attack for Caboolture this weekend, seeing so many runners putting in hard efforts and of course laughing about all our sore butts on the cool down...Yep easy to see why this running stuff is so much fun!!!!
5 comments:
Good luck on the weekend. Do you have any goal distances?
Good effort with some good speed. Keep injury free and happy.
Well done this morning Clairie. And thanks for the entertainment when you were racing Robson in that stride - what a hoot! You got the new Steve in on it too.
You're not the only one who finished with a crappy 1km. I'm blaming having to run extra to grab my water bottle :-)
Showing some good speed there Clairie, Hope the pain in the butt doesn't hang around for too long :)
Im really looking forward to Caboolture it should be a good night, C ya there.
Good workout Clarie - that 1.48 sure looks good ;-)
Post a Comment