Meet up with Toast and Tess at 5.30am. Despite the early hour it was certainly not a pleasant cool run along the river today. I ran behind the other two most of the way (single file over the bridge etc) and was just watcing the sweat pour off them. I could feel myself melting but it was amazing to watch it on others as well.
We stopped about a zillion times to drink water and then Tess turned into a politician and decided to stop all the men with prams to look over their merchandise and ask their names and ages. As we kept running we kept running into people. A very social morning out there today!
16km all up at 5min/km pace. It was a tough run and hard work in those conditions. I was very tired and cranky when I finished....and still am. But I feel good and glad that I got out there.
6 comments:
Being "tired and cranky" may be a direct result from so much contact with prams and babies.
why were all the *men* out with prams today? Or were they just the ones you stopped to talk to? ;)
Well, it was all over the news this morning that Kim Beasley's leadership is under threat :-)
You're tired and cranky, how do you think that guy with the 12 month old triplets feels every morning. We probably made his day, two sweaty women bailing him up.
Anyway, it was a great run, tough going for sure but good training for you-know-what.
C'mon Mate,
I was out there running with Slash at 5:30am so am surprised we didn't run into you. In the last half hour, I kept steering Slash away from the shade and making sure we stayed in the sun. Good heat practice.
Poor Langy was unable to start until 6:30am :)
Asking the names and ages of the merchandise or the men?
I couldn't image you to be "cranky" for too long. I bet you felt so much better when it was all finished.
Post a Comment