Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tesso here .....

After being confined to quarters all weekend with a bad headcold I felt like I was finally on the improve and last night decided I'd be running this morn. Had planned just to do my own thing but couldn't resist heading to Pat's session to catch up with the gang. I knew many would be taking it easy after their fantastic runs at Noosa so there'd be very little temptation to overdo it. Another reason to go was to drop off some entries for the Intraining Women's Run on September 11th and see if Pat wanted to get a group of guys together to man a water station. Chris (from Intraining) is offering a carton of beer to the best water stop, voting to be done by all the women post race. So hopefully some of Pat's guys will be keen, though they're gonna have some tough competition from the boys from the Brisbane Running Buddies, they've got something pretty special planned.

Anyway, its wierd, but you'd think that after four days of no running the legs would feel rested, but on the contrary, they felt kinda stiff and sore. Not far into the warm-up to the Story Bridge they started to feel normal again.

On the pgm was 1 minute efforts. Guess I was going at about 80%, I didn't want to push it too much. We did six of these, with a 45 second standing recovery. To finish off Pat said we could do a 3 or a 2 minute effort, 3 mins for those who didn't race on the weekend, and 2 mins for those who did. Hmmm, what to do. Started running with a group who stopped at 2 mins but I felt good so forged on. Was gonna do 3 mins but I reached Langy (also suffered the dreaded lurgy on the weekend) so stopped where he had stopped.

As always a good session. Best of all was seeing everyone and hearing all the Noosa stories, not just about the race but everything from the drive up and the pre race dinners to the ice cream stops on the way home.

Matty and Jodie are still grinning from ear to ear. And it was great to see MJ at Pat's again, after all those weeks off with her back injury. Missing in action though were Chelle (you can read her blog for her excuse .... and a laugh) and Clairie. Clairie's over in the wild west working. And still smiling I bet after her great PB on the weekend :-) Just hope she's not too busy to do a few runs there this week in the lead up to the Perth City to Surf on Sunday.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

twas the truth, honest guv!!

looking fwd to getting back there on Thursday :)

Cirque said...

Glad to see you keeping up the posts in Clairie's absence Tesso.

miners said...

G'day there Tess - hope you're feeling better soon. Now I just have to work out whether you gave me the bug, or I gave it to you! Or maybe we both caught it off Vat?