Seriously that was what we had to do today - 30 x 30-30's. That being 30sec hard 30sec soft and keep it going for 15mins. A few of the soft ones were called short by Pat and we put in an extra long one at the end which felt great to be going for longer after doing so many shorter ones.
When I got to Pats this morning my calves were quite sore and hard so I thought I would walk along the river towards the group (so I would run into them) to warm my legs up. I felt like a dickhead when Pat and the fast crew were coming towards me again - Damn I had missed the earlier group. So AGAIN I had to run at a much faster pace than is comfortable for a warm up. However to compensate I got to spend a good 10mins talking to Pat about my running and our children (both have daughters same age).
I absolutely love this weather. I will not complain about the heat anymore! I love running in summer and sweating and feeling like you have pushed yourself to the limits. I am starting to feel like summer is on it's way out and am taking advantage of all the heat whilst I can. Winter will be here all too soon and I will start to lose my motivation to get up and out there....
8 comments:
Ha ha, Pat's watch runs faster than he does when it comes to timing the recovery jog! At least doing my own thing this morning my 30 second breaks were 30 seconds.
You're right about the weather, I'm sure its already getting lighter later. We'd better make the most of it hey!
Funny how we forget how much we hated the cold!!! Sounds like another tough session!
Great runs on the weekend and Monday Clairie - the swim after a hard run is just the best thing ever isn't it? Hope you have a good lead-up this week to the BIG one this weekend
btw - I notice the winter clothes are in the junk mail already!
I with you on the weather and enjoying the mornings.
Wasn't the weather glorious this morning? I had a bike ride on my plan but once I got out there I wished it had been a run.
30 x 30-30's - no danger of me doing that - I can't count that high! Sounds like a solid session Clarie - well done ;-)
I say, bring on the cooler weather. I think the heat has got to you if you are thinking that it is better than a winter's day for running ;-)
I'm with RobertSong on this - bring on the cooler weather! :)
Post a Comment